Thursday, March 21, 2013

A trip down to the river!


Today I went with my kindergarten class down to the river. I was a bit confused by the purpose of the trip at first, apart from getting some air and seeing the world, we were going to collect plants to build a boat for the boat competition for Monday, which is the day of the sea (Bolivia lost the sea to Chile some years ago)

It started off as a nice walk through the community, then as we got closer it wasn't so nice. To get down to the river you had to shuffle down this super steep cliff-type path, which is not easy anyway let alone with 27 three year olds!



So we struggled down, I had one kid on each arm, falling over and tripping every few seconds alternatively, making me feel very much like some sick kind of seesaw. The kids were doing quite a good job actually, using a sandy bit as a slide, but nonetheless every now and then one would almost fall down the cliff or trip up backwards.......

But we got down in the end!


I peeled 27 oranges, played on the tree stumps...



and tempted my own fate on the bridge...

And we got the boat stuff we we came for!

No comments:

Post a Comment