Wednesday, October 16, 2013

VOLUNTEERING IN BOLIVIA


Nurul, a volunteers from America, talks about his journey through life and what brought him to Proyecto Horizonte.



When I thought about writing something about volunteering in Bolivia, first thing came

to my mind why I am here in Bolivia? To tell my story briefly:-

When I was young in Bangladesh, America was my dream land. God fulfilled my dream

and I have made America my home. I am so grateful to enjoy a peaceful life with dignity

and all the material benefits of health, education, food and shelter. Now I have a dream

to share this blessing and fortune with the whole mankind. So, now I wish to make the

whole world as my home like United States of Planet Earth, or United Nations of Planet

Earth, or Earthian Union - name doesn't matter, reality counts. I do not know when God

will grant my wish and dream - that is when we achieve a boundary less world.

However, in the meantime I decided to volunteer some of my time and energy for the

poor impoverished country. Bolivia came to my mind because it has 60% of indigenous

population and most of them are very poor, disadvantaged and devoid of modern material

comfort of education, home, sanitation, and healthcare. Most of all, being one of the

poorest country in south America, Bolivia was the first country in the world who dared to

give equal rights to nature as humans. Here is the link:

http://utopianist.com/2011/04/bolivia-becomes-worlds-first-nation-to-give-nature-equal-
rights-as-man/

As I have become older, I started trusting my heart more and more than my scientific

logical brain and mind. I responded to the call of my heart and decided to take a

spiritual journey in Bolivia and offer my volunteering. I was sponsoring a child in

Bolivia for a year who was being provided early education by a non-profit organization

named "Projecto Horizonte". I decided to volunteer with them. And so here I am in

Cochabamba, Bolivia, playing with the innocent, pure, lovable children of Bolivia. They

love me so much that they hug me and kiss me whenever they see me. It is amazing - as

if I always had a close relationship with them.

I am not sure how I would leave them - it would be very hard for me. I wish I could

take them all back to USA and take care of them. But that won't be possible because the

politics and bureaucratic red line is very powerful. That is why I pray that someday we

would takeout all the artificial boundaries of the world and all the children of Bolivia and

the rest of the world will enjoy the same privilege like the children of USA and Europe.

Nurul Mukul writes for nothing but "Equality and Justice"

No comments:

Post a Comment