Thursday, July 17, 2014

One month Proyecto Horizonte

Elisabeth, a volunteer from Denmark, gives an overwiew of her volunteer experience:




I worked as a volunteer at Proyecto Horizonte for a month, and it was probably one of the best months of my life so far. My main task was helping looking after the youngest children in La sala maternal. I really enjoyed being with the children and I had the nicest colleagues who were amazing around the children. They always had so many fun different activities planned.
In the afternoons I took Spanish lessons, explored Cochabamba with the other volunteers or helped the organization with different tasks. When I was there, Proyecto Horizonte had their 10 year anniversary, so all of us volunteers helped painting banners and preparing other stuff for the event. The anniversary in itself was an amazing experience! Cochabamba is also a really great city to live in. There's a lot to do and the weather is always nice! There are a lot of national parks and cities to visit like Salar Uyuni, La Paz and Potosi.

No comments:

Post a Comment